Check out the new SSS sponsor catalog. Deep discounts for SSS competitors. These boards kick-it!!
The Surf 4 the Sea has been rescheduled for September 27-28 at Oceanside Pier.
SCHEDULE: Surf for the Sea – Heat Schedule 2014
Entry Form: Surf_for_the_Sea_revised_dates_&_Location_2014
Hello everyone we have a makeup date for Surf for the Sea – Sept 27 & 28 at Oceanside Pier. Due to the Harbor Days event at the Harbor we will be moving the event to the Pier. The conditions prior to the event will determine which side of the Pier. An update has been posted on our facebook page www.facebook.com/surfforthesea
Surf for the Sea is just around the corner. This year there will be a Summer Youth Clash Jr. Pro (20 and under) with a $6000 purse. Get your entries in now.
The California State Games are upon us. July 20, 2014 at DMJ’s.
Register now: http://www.calstategames.org/s-surfing.html
The OC Middle and High School contest today 4-26-14 at Oceanside Harbor has been canceled due to high winds.
SAN DIEGO MIDDLE SCHOOLS DIV 2
MARCH 22, 2014 – LA JOLLA SHORES
The Scholastic Surf Series completed event # 4 for San Diego Middle School Div 2 surfing on Saturday, March 22, 2014 at La Jolla Shores. Surf was fun size with 2 to 3 foot waves with some windy conditions. San Diego Middle School Division 2 will finish up their 5th event on Sunday, April 27, 2014. Thank you to all of our sponsors for your support this season. For more info about the SSS, please contact Sue Lister, Admin Director, at 760-518-2727 / [email protected], or Carolyn Krammer, Competition Director, 760-439-0863 / [email protected] Middle School State Champs May 3 & 4 at Oceanside.
Team Results Div 2 Points
1. Sanderling Waldorf 124
2. Pacific Beach 108
3. Calavera Hills 87
4. Waldorf San Diego 64
5. St. James 61
6. Imperial Beach 50
7. Diegueno “B” 43
Individual Results Div 2
1. Garrett Cleary, St. James
2. Dylan El-Ghoroury, Sanderling Waldorf
3. Dennis El-Ghoroury, Sanderling Waldorf
4. Justice Guevara, Calavera Hills
5. Tyler Reed, Pacific Beach
6. Sebastian Rohrer, St. James
1. Dylan El-Ghoroury, Sanderling Waldorf
2. Colin Quinn, Sanderling Waldorf
3. Garrett Cleary, St. James
4. Kasey Bowles, Waldorf San Diego
5. Zach Hastings, Imperial Beach
6. Trent Smith, Waldorf San Diego
1. Shelby Moore, Pacific Beach
2. Ella Frazee, Waldorf San Diego
3. Ciara Gray, Pacific Beach
4. Holly Alvarez, Calavera Hills
5. Vivian Drewelow, Sanderling Waldorf
6. Kamden Miller, Calavera Hills
1. Ciara Gray, Pacific Beach
2. Emma Wilson, St. James
3. Holly Alvarez, Calavera Hills
4. Ella Frazee, Waldorf San Diego
5. Raena Hardison, Sanderling Waldorf
6. Vivian Drewelow, Sanderling Waldorf
1. Paul Kincaid, Imperial Beach
2. Nicolas Campagna, Pacific Beach
3. Rory Sturgis, Diegueno
4. Jack Patterson, Pacific Beach
5. Josh Urich, St. James
6. Kai Stern, Sanderling Waldorf
Attention Individual’s Competitors!
There are still openings available for the High School State Championships INDIVIDUAL Competition on Monday, April 7 at Oceanside Harbor. For Entry Form and more details please go to the State Championship link on our website. Entries will be accepted on a first come-first served basis by POSTMARKED date until all open slots are filled. Entry form here
The Scholastic Surf Series is calling on all SSS competitors to submit their artwork for the design of the SSS State Championship 2014 T-Shirt. The winning design will be considered for use on the official 2014 State championship tee. The winning designer will receive $200.00. We know there are talented artists in the SSS and look forward to your submissions.
1. Must include “Scholastic Surf Series State Championships 2014”
2. You may submit in 72 dpi but if the winning design is used it will need to be 300 dpi.
Deadline for submissions is Feb. 21
Submit your designs to [email protected]
Here is a little insight into the life of SSS’s photographer, judge and techie, Sheri Crummer
UPDATE: SSS High School contests are ON for Sunday, 1-26 at Oceanside and Ventura!
The Saturday events for Middle School at Ventura Fairgrounds and Oceanside Pier have been postponed (will be rescheduled for another date tba).
Check back tomorrow, Saturday for an update on the high school events for Sunday at Ventura and Oceanside.